Easy math and money strategy list for patients to improve self monitoring and and performance during math calculation and billing tasks.
1. Take your time with all calculations.
2. Use a calculator or adding machine.
3. Check your work at least once, possibly twice.
4. Concentrate on what you are doing and minimize distractions.
5. Concentrate on whether you are adding [+] or subtracting [-].
6. Make sure to line up the numbers correctly (draw lines for columns or use graph paper, if needed).
7. Verbally talk yourself through the calculations.
ESPECIALLY FOR CHECKBOOK BALANCING:
8. Make sure your entries are written in the correct places in your checkbook register (deposit [+], withdrawals/checks [-], balance [=]).
9. Make sure all entries/amounts are written correctly. Look over the check number, date, amount, and name/place. Remember to record all information into the checkbook register.
10. Make sure to add [+] deposits and subtract [-] checks/payments.
*Please note that I did not create this list of strategies