I’m on a mission to create some hands-on tasks by replicating activities from workbooks. The WALC 4 has various menu worksheets but using actual menus is more realistic and functional. Next time you are out running errands, stop in and pick up a menu from a few local restaurants. Laminate them and voila! You’ve got a new activity for targeting a variety of skills. See the list below for some ideas.
- Visual and verbal reasoning
- Math Calculation
- Visual Scanning
- Reading Comprehension for functional materials
- Verbal expression for wants/needs and daily complex topics
- Script Training and conversational exchanges
- Social Interaction Skills
- Motor speech and carryover of functional speech intelligibility strategies
Example of Daily Note Documentation:
Targeted_______ [functional skill here] ________ via functional community-related task. Patient responded accurately ___% of the time (increased to ___% with _____ [tactile, visual, verbal]) to verbally-presented comprehension questions. (_______[type of cues here]______) effective in improving performance.